Elizabeth O’Shea is the Director of Parent 4 Success. And a recognised parenting expert.
She delivers regular parenting courses and parenting sessions by Skype for parents who are having difficulties with their children.
Elizabeth has been quoted and featured in numerous publications, most recently The Guardian. She appears regularly on BBC Radio and TV, and on Sky News. She is experienced in speaking on the media, passionate and able to connect with parents.
Elizabeth is a mother of four children, so knows first-hand how hard parenting can be. When her last child was born she had a new born baby, a two year old, a four year old and a six year old. All of her children are now teenagers and older, so she is has experience of raising children at every age and stage of development.
Elizabeth, also known as ‘The Happy Childhood Expert’, started running parenting courses in 2000 in Horsham, West Sussex. She set up Parent 4 Success, providing support and courses for parents in 2011. She has a dedicated website for parents, with thousands of visitors a month, and runs tailor-made online and face to face sessions and courses to help parents ‘Discover the Secrets of Having Well-Balanced, Happy Children.’
Elizabeth has a common sense, firm but gentle approach to parenting. She is able to give an expert opinion and comment on any aspect of dealing with children’s behaviour and issues affecting the parent / child relationship. (However not necessarily issues that just happen to affect ‘parents,’ or issues regarding school, unless the parent’s relationship with the child is affected.)
Please contact Elizabeth using the link below, or ring her on 01403 839683 to arrange an interview.
Elizabeth is able to comment on:
- Children’s behaviour which parents can influence
- Children’s misbehaviour!
- Parenting issues and attitudes
- Parenting skills
- Any issues where the parent / child relationship is involved
Topics may include
- Government interventions in parenting
- Celebrity /royal parents
- ‘Can Parent’ vouchers
- Smacking and discipline methods
- Anger management for children / parents
- Helping children deal with failure and disappointments
- Baby sleep problems
- Children’s sleep problems
- Fussy eating
- Bully-proofing children
- Teenage problems
- Rude, disrespectful children
- Helping children deal with upsets and sadness
- Working parents
- Divorced parents
- Helping children deal with exam stress
- Summer holiday preparation for parents
- The importance of quality family time
- The importance of family holidays
- Preparation of teenagers for University
- Parenting skills for Black and minority ethnic parents
- TV / Computer / screen time for children
- Getting back in charge of electronics at home
- Mobile phone addiction
- Addiction to Facebook
- The importance of play
- Supporting relationships between chidren and Grandparents
- Riots involving teenagers
- Consumerism in children
- Spoiling children
- Children’s obesity
- Family meals
- Parenting on a budget
- Raising responsible children
- Helping children with social skills
- Helping children deal with friendship issues
- Any issues to do with parenting, and what parents can do to help their children.