Help – I have a difficult teenager!
If your teenager has become difficult, argumentative or dismissive you’re in the right place.
I can show you how to stop shouting, handle situations with calmness and authority and get back the relationship you want with your teen.
Discover how six 90-minute Private Parenting Sessions using Skype will enable you to get back the relationship with your teenager that you want.
Many parents find that once their children hit their teens everything you’ve taught them goes out of the window. They seem to stop hearing what you’re saying, and you have to repeat yourself again and again. You get frustrated and they get angry. I’ve taken four children through their teenage years, so I know just how hard it can be!
After our sessions your teenager will be more willing to cooperate, be less confrontational, do more for themselves, and will be much nicer to be with. Working with me one-to-one is the quickest, most effective method to sort this out – once and for all -in a way you’ll both be happy with.
What problems are you having with your teenager?
- Is your teenager reluctant to talk with you? Unless it’s to ask for money?
- Are they sullen or miserable when they’re with you? And yet friendly and sociable with their friends?
- Do they make a mess and walk off, expecting someone else to clear it up?
- Are they rude or dismissive when they talk to you?
- Do they sometimes completely ignore you when you ask them to do something?
- Do you have to constantly remind them to do simple things?
- Do they expect you to give them lifts, and do things for them ‘as their right’ and yet seem reluctant to do anything to help around the house?
- Do they spend way too long on their mobiles, watching TV, going on Facebook or playing computer games? And disappear to their rooms for hours on end?
- Do they come home later than you expected without letting you know?
- Do you dislike some of their friends? ….Or never even get to meet their friends!?
- Do they go to bed later than you’d like, and then want to sleep in late into the morning?
- Do they suddenly explode at you over something small, and leave you wondering ‘where did that come from?
- Are they not working hard enough at school or getting the grades you know they’re capable of achieving?
And how are you finding being a parent of a teenager?
- Is being a parent no fun any more?
- Do you sometimes wish things could go back to the good old days, when you asked your child to do something and they just did it!?
- Do you find yourself shouting or criticising your teenager –even though it’s not helping – because you just don’t know what else to do?
- Do you want your teenager to do more to help, but have no idea about how to make that happen?
- Do you worry that your teenager is going to be a nightmare to live with when they leave home? But feel at a loss to know how to change them?
- Do you sometimes wish your teenager would just leave home, because life would be so much more pleasant if they weren’t around? And feel shocked you could feel that way?
- Do you hear stories about what other teenagers get up to? And hope that your teenager knows better? And it never happens to you?
- Do you find yourself being careful about what you say, and avoid asking your teenager to do things because you’re so worried about their reaction?
- Do you resent the way your teenager treats you and your home, and wish you knew how to get them to treat you with more respect and help more?
- Is your teenager making you and your family life miserable?
Do you want…
- Your teenager to start doing more for themselves, and treat you with the respect you deserve?
- Your teenager to talks more with you, and want to spend time with you?
- To enjoy your teenager more and have more fun together?
- To feel confident that when your teenager leaves home they have all the skills they’ll need?
- To have that feeling of control again when your teenager is difficult? And learn techniques that keep you in control rather than losing it when your teenager isn’t being rational?
- To re-establish simple ways to have more fun as a family?
- To stop shouting and be in command and in control?
Do you want your teenager…
- To do what you ask the first time?
- To manage their frustrations better, without the angry outbursts?
- To get themselves organised?
- To talk to you respectfully?
- To stop arguing?
- To clear up after themselves?
- to do more around the home?
- To work hard at school?
- To open up about issues, and things that are bothering them?
- To be a pleasure to have around? And WANT to spend time with you?
If you’re serious about getting this sorted…
Ring me on 01403 839683
Send an e-mail to email@example.com or Contact me here